The Code of Ethics is an instrument that seeks to guide compliance with the company’s principles, vision, and mission.
It guides the actions of all those involved in Videplast’s business activity and clarifies the company’s social posture in the face of the different audiences with which it interacts.
To become a formal and institutional reference for both personal and professional conduct of all Videplast employees, regardless of their position, in order to become a standard for business relationships with the target audiences: partners, customers, employees, unions, suppliers, service providers, competitors, society, government, and communities where the company acts.
- To enable ethical behavior based on fair and relevant values incorporated by all;
- To reduce the subjectivity of personal interpretations of moral and ethical principles;
- To strengthen Videplast’s and its employees’ image towards their target audience.
• Honesty, dignity, respect, loyalty, decorum, zeal, efficiency, transparency and awareness of ethical principles are the major values that guide Videplast’s relationship with its stakeholders.
• Videplast’s performance seeks to achieve increasing levels of competitiveness and profitability, without neglecting social responsibility, reflected in the appreciation of its employees, by prioritizing health, safety, environmental preservation, and by its contribution to the development of the regions in which it operates.
• Honesty, dignity, respect, loyalty, decorum, zeal, efficiency, transparency, and awareness of ethical principles are key values that guide Videplast’s relationship with its stakeholders.
• Videplast strives to achieve increased levels of competitiveness and profitability without neglecting social responsibility, as demonstrated by the appreciation of its employees, the focus on health, safety, and environmental preservation, and the contribution it makes to the development of its operating regions.
• The information disclosed internally or externally must be truthful, towards a respectful and transparent relationship with its stakeholders.
• Decisions include justice, legality, competence, and honesty.
• Promote management practices that strengthen the motivation, satisfaction and commitment of its employees.
• At Videplast, we understand that errors may occur, and that they should be used as a source of learning, in order to eliminate the causes and avoid their recurrence.
1.1 Regardless of their position, Videplast employees must:
• Seek the best overall result for the company, always maintaining a clear, respectful, and collaborative attitude towards their co-workers, representatives, and the target audience.
• Exercise their functions and authority with an entrepreneurial, challenge-overcoming mindset, always with the company’s best interests in mind.
• Not use their position, duties, activities, equipment, and influence to obtain any favor for themselves or others.
• Not create artificial difficulties in the performance of their position, duties, or attribution, always seeking to outperform.
• Carry out their duties effectively, eliminating situations that might lead to errors or delays in the provision of the service.
• Respect intellectual property.
• Not modify or misrepresent the content of any document, information, or data.
• Promote actions that improve internal communications.
• Emphasize integration and teamwork development.
• Promote the engagement of everyone in achieving Videplast’s strategic objectives.
1.2 Regarding the relationship with managers and colleagues, Videplast employees must:
• Show respect for individual differences and act courteously toward all people with whom they interact.
• Ensure that colleagues or managers are treated fairly in the course of their professional lives.
• Recognize work-related merits of their colleagues or managers.
• Not harm their colleagues’ or managers’ reputations by making biased judgments, lying, or sharing unsubstantiated information.
• Not seek any exchange of favors that appear as or may give rise to any type of commitment or personal obligation.
• Encourage the expression of ideas, as long as they’re aligned with the company’s objectives.
1.3 Regarding prejudice, Videplast employees must:
• Foster well-being with no prejudice against origin, race, sex, color, age, or any other forms of discrimination.
1.4 Regarding intimidation, Videplast employees must:
• Not tolerate it, nor must they tolerate threats or harassment of any kind.
• Not be subjected to situations of moral harassment (act of repeatedly disqualifying, through words, gestures, or attitudes, the employee’s self-esteem, safety, or image due to the hierarchical bond) and have the autonomy to inform against their harasser.
• Respect hierarchy, but immediately inform superior management of any irregular behavior, as long as it is duly substantiated.
• Immediately notify their hierarchical superiors of any inducement, act, or omission that they deem contrary to the company’s interests for appropriate action. Do not give in to pressures aimed at obtaining undue advantages.
1.5 Regarding criticism, Videplast employees must:
• Give and take constructive criticism, as made in the open and through appropriate channels, and understand it as a demonstration of loyalty to the company and their colleagues.
1.6 Regarding tolerance to errors, Videplast employees must:
• Learn from their own errors or those of others, eliminating their causes and avoiding their recurrence.
• Seek help from colleagues, managers, and supervisors in order to overcome their perceived limitations.
• Systematically evaluate their errors and successes, with the participation of immediate management and supervisors, aiming to continuously improve the quality of their work.
1.7 Regarding performance management:
• Videplast assures its employees the right to know the results of their performance evaluation. To this end, it adopts a clear performance management process, with individual guidance to the employee on matters that directly or indirectly affect their work.
• Videplast assures its employees the right to know the functional progression criteria and the assessment resulting from them.
1.8 Regarding people’s commitment:
• Videplast recognizes its employees’ efforts in improving their work results, praising them as a way of valuing their performance.
1.9 Regarding personal information:
• Videplast ensures that personal information, including medical and information regarding benefits, is restricted to the employee themselves and to the person responsible for the custody, maintenance, and treatment of such information.
• Requests, analyses, and transfers of this information are only made by those who have the legitimate right to do so under the terms of the legislation, as well as to provide evidence in court in accordance with guidance from the legal department. Videplast guarantees the employee access to their information.
1.10 Regarding the right to clarification:
• Videplast assures its employees the right to request and receive clarification on their rights and advantages in the Company.
1.11 Regarding the work environment:
• Individual rights are legitimate and respected and are always compatible with the company’s collective well-being and representation policies.
• Videplast provides its employees with an adequate work environment, aiming at safety, hygiene, health, and well-being.
• Our employees may suspend their activities after corrective measures are taken if there are situations in which their lives and/or physical integrity and/or that of their co-workers’ are at serious and imminent risk upon immediate notification to their supervisor.
• During the performance of their duties, employees shall preserve and care for Videplast’s assets, such as machinery, equipment, materials, technological and strategic information, and operational facilities.
1.12 Regarding the use of electronic mail, Videplast employees must:
• Keep emails for work-related matters only, always protecting the company’s information, and not disseminate messages that contain illegal, pornographic, racist, political, or any other content that is not compatible with the interests of the company.
1.13 Regarding personal appearance:
• Videplast recommends that employees select their clothing based on the type of activity they perform, the public they interact with, and the local culture and business habits they’re inserted into.
2.1 – Regarding the relationship with customers, partners, suppliers, and competitors, Videplast employees must:
• Treat customers, partners, suppliers and competitors in a respectful and cordial manner, seeking to improve communication and relationship processes.
• Provide regular updates on the actions being taken to help customers and suppliers.
• Not cause delays or damage to the regular exercise of the rights of suppliers, customers, service providers, and others.
2.2 – Regarding the dissemination of information to customers, partners, suppliers, and competitors, Videplast employees must:
• Always disclose true information, making it equally available to all interested parties.
• Inform the applicant when they are not authorized to respond to a certain query.
• Pass on public information transmitted by Videplast equally to all interested parties, based on well-founded procedures and analyses.
• Obtain the authorization of the person in charge of the competent sector before forwarding documents to the external public.
• Not disclose strategic and confidential information.
2.3 – Regarding conflicts of interest, Videplast employees must:
• Not engage in any activity with conflicting interest with the business of the company.
• The company will not provide technical assistance or consulting to its current suppliers, customers, and service providers, to those entering registration, or to those participating in quotations/bids, unless they have been formally authorized by their respective managers.
• Not engage in any activities that conflict with the company’s working hours.
• Not use the company’s assets (cars, computers, consumables, etc.) for private purposes.
• In the exercise of their duties, they must not comment on the performance of competitors or on the quality or performance of their products, as they know that, in situations in which Videplast’s formal statement on this topic is required, this shall be an initiative exclusive to the Executive Board.
2.4 – Regarding personal benefits, Videplast employees must:
• Not accept personal invitations to accommodation, travel, and any other entertainment that may be harmful to the company’s image and/or interests.
• Not allow themselves to be influenced in making a decision as a result of personal relationships with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors.
• Not maintain private business relationships with this company’s customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors, through which they may obtain personal privileges due to the position or function held.
• Not be a partner, manager, advisor, attorney, or intermediary in any entity that competes with this company in the production of goods and services.
• Not claim, request, provoke, suggest, or receive any type of financial aid, gratuity, award, commission, donation, gift, or advantage of any kind, for themselves, their families, or any other person, which aims to influence the exercise of their duties or that of a colleague to the same end.
• Not use information to which they have access as a result of their position or role, in order to obtain personal advantage for relatives or third parties.
• Not allow the relationship with former employees of this company, through commercial or personal relationships, to influence any decision or provide access to privileged information.
• Not appoint any consultants or candidates as clients, suppliers, or partners with whom they have a professional relationship.
• Not accept gifts from customers, suppliers, partners, competitors, or other related parties, with the exception of gifts that are clearly identified and have no significant commercial value. These gifts will be immediately forwarded to the office and subjected to specific rules for storage and distribution.
2.5 – Regarding the relationship with partners, Videplast employees must:
• Seek to provide respectful and equal treatment to all partners of the company.
2.6 – Regarding the relationship with the press, Videplast employees must:
• When granting interviews, publishing articles, or using any other form of public manifestation of a personal nature, preserve the interests and image of the company.
• Not use institutional instruments to speak publicly.
• Not make comments on strategic and confidential information.
• When in positions of trust, not comment on strategic and confidential information, except with specific authorization from the Department Officer.
2.7 – Regarding the relationship with Unions:
• Videplast maintains a respectful relationship with Unions and does not practice any type of discrimination against unionized employees.
2.8 – Regarding the relationship with the Community
• In addition to promoting civic engagement actions and local, regional, and national development, Videplast strives to improve the living conditions of the communities where it operates.
Our employees always pay attention to laws, rules, procedures, and the Code of Ethics, as part of their citizenship duties, in order to align their behavior with the company’s expectations and preserve Videplast’s culture.
Suggestions, questions, and violations of this Code of Ethics, as well as any act, by an employee or related parties, that harm or may harm the company, must be communicated to the ethics committee, directly or through the “Ombudsman” link in electronic kiosks, at email@example.com or on the contact page.
During this communication, no personal information is required, whistle-blower anonymity is ensured, and the information provided will be treated with discretion and secrecy.
The Ethics Committee is comprised of representatives from all departments within the company, and it monitors, assesses, disseminates, and implements the Code of Ethics and its precepts with its suppliers and business partners in order to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
The Ethics Committee analyzes cases of infractions and violations of this code and recommends, as the case may be, the appropriate disciplinary and legal action to the relevant Officer.
It is also up to the Ethics Committee to assess the relevance of the provisions of this code and, as necessary, propose modifications and updates.
Suggestions, questions, and violations of this Code of Ethics, as well as any act, by an employee or related parties, that harm or may harm the company, must be communicated to the ethics committee, directly or through the “Ombudsman” link.