The Code of Ethics is an instrument that seeks to guide and discipline the realization of the company’s principles, vision and mission.
It serves to guide the actions of all those involved in Videplast’s business activity and to explain the company’s social posture in the face of the different audiences with which it interacts.
Becoming institutional reference with the personal and professional conduct of all Videplast employees, regardless of the load of function that it occupies, in order to become a standard of partner relationship, with the target publics: partners, customer, employees, unions, interns, suppliers, service providers, competitors, society, governament and communities where it acts.
- Enabling ethical behavior based on values incorporated by all, as they are fair and relevant;
- Reduce the subjectivity of personal interpretations of moral and ethical principles;
- Strengthen the Videplast relevance and its employees with their target public.
• Honesty, dignity, respect, loyalty, decorum, zeal, efficiency, transparency and awareness of ethical principles are the major values that guide Videplast’s relationship with its stakeholders.
• Videplast’s performance seeks to achieve increasing levels of competitiveness and profitability, without neglecting social responsibility, reflected in the appreciation of its employees, by prioritizing health, safety, environmental preservation, and by its contribution to the development of the regions in which it operates.
• The information disclosed internally or externally must be truthful, aiming at a relationship of respect and transparency with its stakeholders.
• Decisions include justice, legality, competence and honesty
• Promote management practices that strengthen the motivation, satisfaction and commitment of its employees.
• At Videplast, it is a practice to understand that, when it occurs, the error must be used as a source of learning, providing opportunities for eliminating the causes and avoiding their repetition.
1.1 In their position or function, Videplast employees:
• Seek the best overall result for the company, always maintaining all clear, respectful and collaborative attitude with co-workers, employee representatives and the target public.
• They exercise their functions and authority, with an entrepreneurial spirit and overcoming challenges, always aiming at the company interests.
• Do not use position, function, activity, facilities, position and influence in order to obtain any favor for themselves or for others.
• They do not create artificial difficulties in the exercise of their position, function or attribution, with the aim of overestimating their professional performance.
• They carry out their duties effectively, eliminating situations that lead to errors or delays in the provision of the service.
• Respect intellectual property.
• Do not alter or misrepresent the content of any document, information or data.
• Promote actions that make it possible to improve internal communication.
• Emphasize integration and teamwork development.
• Promote the involvement of everyone in achieving Videplast’s strategic objectives.
1.2 In the relationship with managers and colleagues, Videplast employees:
• Act in a courteous manner, with availability and attention to all people with whom they interact, respecting individual differences.
• In their professional life, they always act fairly with colleagues or managers.
• Recognize the merits related to work carried out by colleagues or managers.
• Do not harm the reputation of colleagues or managers through biased judgment, perjury, unsubstantiated information or any other subterfuge.
• Do not seek to obtain exchanges of favors that appear or may give rise to any type of commitment or personal obligation.
• Stimulate the expression of ideas, when aligned with the company’s objectives.
1.3 Regarding prejudice, Videplast employees:
• Promote the good of all, without prejudice of origin, race, sex, color, age and any other forms of discrimination.
1.4 Regarding intimidation, Videplast employees:
• Do not tolerate it, nor do they tolerate threats or harassment of any kind.
• Do not submit to situations of moral harassment (understood as the act of repeatedly disqualifying, through words, gestures or attitudes, the employee’s self-esteem, safety or image due to the hierarchical bond) and denounce the harasser.
• Respect the hierarchy, but immediately inform superior management of any irregular behavior, as long as it is duly substantiated.
• They immediately communicate to their hierarchical superiors, for the appropriate measures, any inducement, act or omission that they deem contrary to the interests of the company. They do not give in to pressures aimed at obtaining undue advantages.
1.5 Regarding criticism, Videplast employees:
• Consider constructive criticism, made in the open and through appropriate channels, as a demonstration of loyalty to the company and colleagues.
1.6 Regarding error tolerance, Videplast employees:
• Learn from their own mistakes or those of others, eliminating their causes and avoiding their repetition.
• When they consider themselves unqualified to perform some task, they seek out colleagues, managers and supervisors in order to obtain the means to overcome these limitations.
• Systematically evaluate their mistakes and successes, with the participation of immediate management and supervisors, aiming to continuously improve the quality of their work.
1.7 Regarding performance management:
• Videplast guarantees its employees the right to know the results of their performance evaluation. To this end, it adopts a clear performance management process, with individual guidance to the employee on matters that, directly or indirectly, affect their work.
• Videplast guarantees its employees the right to know the functional progression criteria and their assessment resulting from these criteria
1.8 Regarding people’s commitment:
• Videplast recognizes the efforts of its employees to improve the result of their work, praising them as a way of valuing their performance.
1.9 Regarding personal information:
• Videplast guarantees that personal information, including medical and benefits information, is restricted to the employee himself and to the personnel responsible for the custody, maintenance and treatment of this information.
• Requests, analyzes and transfers of this information are only made by those who have the legitimacy to do that, under the terms of the legislation, as well as to provide evidence in court, in accordance with guidance from the legal area. Videplast guarantees the employee access to their informations
1.10 Regarding the right to clarification:
• Videplast assures its employees the right to request and receive clarification on rights and advantages in the Company.
1.11 Regarding the work environment:
• Individual rights are legitimate and respected, and always compatible with the collective well-being and representation of this company.
• Videplast guarantees its employees an adequate work environment, aiming at safety, hygiene, health and well-being.
• Employees of this company may suspend activities, after taking corrective measures, if there are situations in which their lives and/or physical integrity and/or their co-workers are at serious and imminent risk, communicating the fact immediately to your superior.
• In their activities, employees preserve and care for Videplast’s assets, being into terms of machinery, equipment, materials, technological and strategic information and operational facilities.
1.12 Regarding the use of electronic mail, Videplast employees:
• They use electronic mail for matters relevant to them work, always taking care of information security and do not disseminate messages that contain illegal, pornographic, racist, political or any other content that is not compatible with the interests of the company.
1.13 Regarding personal appearance:
• Videplast recommends that employees try to take into account the type of activity they perform, the public they come into contact with and the cultural and business habits of the region where work.
2.1 – When complying customers, partners, suppliers and competitors, Videplast employees:
• Treat customers, partners, suppliers and competitors in a respectful and cordial manner, seeking to improve communication and relationship processes.
• Don’t leave customers and suppliers waiting for a solution, keeping them posted about the actions being taken to help them.
• Do not use artifices that cause delays or damage to the regular exercise of the rights of suppliers, customers, service providers and others.
2.2 – When disseminating information to customers, partners, suppliers and competitors, Videplast employees:
• Always disclose true information, making it equally available to all interested parties.
• When they are not authorized to respond to a query, they inform the applicant of this.
• They pass on public information transmitted by Videplast equally to all interested parties, based on well-founded procedures and analyses.
• They only forward documents to the external public when duly authorized by the person in charge of the competent sector.
• Do not disclose strategic and confidential information
2.3 – When in conflict of interest, Videplast employees:
• Do not engage in any activity that is of conflicting interest with the business of this company.
• They do not provide technical assistance or consultancy of any kind to current suppliers, customers and service providers of this company or to those who are in the process of entering the register or, even, to those who are participating in quotations/bids, except when formally authorized by the respective managements.
• Do not engage in any activities that conflict with work hours, your attention and time for this company.
• Do not use this company’s resources (cars, computers, consumables, etc.) to serve private interests.
• In the exercise of their professional activities, they do not issue comments on the performance of competitors or on the quality or performance of their products, as they know that, in situations in which Videplast’s formal statement on this topic is required, it will be an exclusive initiative of the Board.
2.4 – As for personal benefits, Videplast employees:
• Do not accept personal invitations to accommodation, travel and other attractions that may damage the company’s image and/or interests.
• They do not allow themselves to be influenced in taking a decision as a result of personal relationships with customers, suppliers, partners and competitors.
• Do not maintain private business relationships with customers, suppliers, partners and competitors of this company in which they may obtain personal privileges due to the position or function held.
• They are not a partner, manager, advisor, attorney or intermediary in any entity that competes with this company in the production of goods and services.
• Do not claim, request, provoke, suggest or receive any type of financial aid, gratuity, award, commission, donation, gift or advantage of any kind, for themselves, their families or any other person, for the exercise of their professional activities or to influence another colleague to the same end.
• Do not use information to which they have access as a result of their assignment or function, in order to obtain personal advantage for relatives or third parties.
• Do not allow the relationship with former employees of this company, through commercial or personal relationships, to influence any decision or provide access to privileged information.
• They do not refer consultants or candidates to fill the staff of clients, suppliers or partners with whom they have a professional relationship.
• They do not accept gifts from customers, suppliers, partners, competitors or other related parties, with the exception of gifts that are clearly identified and of no significant commercial value. These gifts will be immediately forwarded to the office, which will have rules for storage and distribution.
2.5 – In the relationship with partners, Videplast employees:
• Seek to provide respectful and equal treatment to all partners of the company.
2.6 – In relation to the press, Videplast employees:
• When granting interviews, publishing articles or using any other form of public manifestation of a personal nature, they preserve the interests and image of this company.
• They do not use institutional instruments to speak publicly.
• They do not comment on strategic and confidential information.
• Occupants of positions of trust do not comment on strategic and confidential information, except with specific authorization from the Area Director.
2.7 – In the relationship with the Unions:
• Videplast maintains a relationship of respect with the Unions and does not practice any type of discrimination against unionized employees
2.8 – In the relationship with the Community
• Videplast seeks to support actions aimed at the exercise of citizenship and local, regional and national development, especially those aimed at improving the living conditions of the communities where it has activities.
Considering their exercise of citizenship, employees always seek to respect the laws, rules, procedures and the Code of Ethics, in order to align their behavior with the company’s expectations, aiming to guarantee the preservation of the Videplast Culture.
Suggestions, doubts and violations of this Code of Ethics, as well as any act, by an employee or related parties, that harm or will harm this company, must be communicated to the ethics committee, directly or through the “Ombudsman” link electronic kiosks, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the contact page
In this communication, there is no need for the person to identify himself, and the fact informed will be treated with secrecy and discretion.
The Ethics Committee is made up of directors and representatives from all areas of the company, being responsible for monitoring, gauging, disseminating and applying this Code of Ethics in the company and its precepts with its suppliers and business partners, in order to ensure the its compliance and effectiveness.
The Ethics Committee is responsible for analyzing cases of infractions and violations of this code, recommending to the Director of the respective area, in the most serious cases, the application of relevant disciplinary and legal sanctions.
It is also up to the Ethics Committee to assess the relevance of the provisions of this code and, when necessary, propose modifications and updates.
Suggestions, doubts and violations of this Code of Ethics, as well as any act, by an employee or related parties, that harm or will harm this company, must be immediately communicated to the ethics committee, directly or through the “Ombudsman” link.